BASIC CLEANING + CARE
Clean stone surfaces with a few drops of neutral cleaner, stone soap, or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Use a soft cloth for best results. Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar, or other acids on marble. Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth. Change the rinse water frequently. Do not use scouring powers or creams; these products contain abrasives that may scratch the surface.
WATER SPOTS + RINGS
Surface accumulation of hard water. Buff with dry 0000 steel wool.
DO’S and DON’TS
- DO clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap.
- DO thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- DO blot up spills immediately.
- DON’T use vinegar, lemon juice, or other cleaners containing acids on marble.
- DON’T use abrasive cleansers such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- DON’T mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas